Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Time after Time

(Joy, 1 year old)
2 Years.
In some ways the longest two years of my life. In some ways the shortest.
How can it be that she's been gone so long? and yet so short a time?
This concept of time is confusing. My life has been on pause since that day but it also hasn't paused. The kids have grown up. I've had a baby. Time has moved on. We have always told each one of our kids as they were babies, "Don't grow up. Stay just the age you are. I wish we could push pause." But we don't really mean it. We have one child that is eternally 2 years and 3 months. We don't really want another that doesn't grow up.
2 Years.
You know what? We are doing good. The baby has helped us heal. I love seeing the kids with delighted faces as they get her to laugh or they feed her or play. They feel Joy through her as they enjoy having a baby sister.
Time really does heal. But time is also a stealer of memories. As time passes, we forget. We don't want to but we do.
It's a balance of moving forward and not forgetting.
I still think about Joy every day. I hope I always do.
I don't want to forget.
I just want to keep on loving and living.

8 comments:

  1. You are one amazing person and I want you to know that I really look up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture of your kids. Amazing what the Lord can do with our lives even amidst such difficulty. I love hearing that you've had healing.

    and don't worry...you won't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you! like the new blog. SQUEEZE...that was a big hug from me. and prayers are still coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you never forget, either, and hope none of us forget sweet Joy. I know you won't. She is still blessed to have you as her mother...your kids are all pretty lucky bugs to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought about you a lot this week. Hope you are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your talent at putting feelings into words. Your blog helps me know how you are doing, but also helps me think on a higher level and remember what is important. Thanks Tami.

    ReplyDelete