Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just Breathe


Respiratory. Virus. These two words scare the xxxx out of me.
My baby has RSV. The doctor told me that every child between the ages of 0-2 will get this virus multiple times. The body doesn't build immunities to it so they could get it over and over. She is doing fine. She doesn't need breathing treatments. She just has a cough, a fever and a miserable cold.

Here is my mental state.

My baby coughs all night and she gasps for air during the coughing, but when she's done, resumes normal breathing, no wheezing or anything.
I literally hold my breath during these episodes and have decided to become her roommate just to listen to her breathe all night long.

I remind myself of two things:
Joy did not die from RSV
and
God is in charge of my life. I have no power to stop what is to be. So all I can do is love as much as I can for the time that I have and hope it's a really long time.

And pray fast and furious.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Tami. I can't even imagine how stressed you must be. I'm praying fast and furious for you, too. Sick kids are a vast wasteland all in themselves (thanks for your reminder today - the comment you left on my blog).

    I need you to move in next door right away. That's all there is to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful reminder that Heavenly Father is truly in charge of our lives. Love the quote on the side bar by Elder Wirthlin. Note to self....Of course the Lord loves us. Of course He will make all the hard things better and our burdens lighter. I needed this reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for the sleepless nights and stress. hope she makes a fast recovery. we are all praying for you. wish I was as strong as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea about our sweet little Glory. Let me know what we can do. I'd do anything for that little sweety (her mom's not so bad either)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOO on RSV. Majorly. How is Glory Girl doing? I wish I could come hold her for 3 hours so you could go take a nap. I would, too, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no kidding! i think that Jack got RSV and i didn't even know....but that is one scary thing and i'm pretty sure that i would (as well) take up residence with my baby if he ever got it!) yikes! hang in there, she'll get over it soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are right on both things you know...but it's still good and okay to be roomies with Glory. Prayers your way (and hers too!)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete