Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Conference Traditions

When we lived in California, we used to gather at Uncle Roger's house at conference time . He had the BYU channel on his satellite. It was a two day feast (spiritual and physical). I always looked forward to smoked tri-tip, jello, slush, marshmallow brownies, strawberry crepes and Susan's quiche is a MUST. I always made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We watched all the sessions. We talked about our favorite talks. It was a time of bonding: friends and family getting together to share. So now that we're missing them, (but we'll see them next week-Hooray!) I thought about our new traditions.

I still made cinnamon rolls (with help).





I made a quiche that wasn't nearly as good as Susan's.

We got to eat turkey dinner at my parent's house with Grandpa and Grandma visiting.
You know it felt the same, yet different. It was still conference. We were with people we love. We ate food that was delish.
We feasted spiritually. My cup is full once again.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Conference wasn't the same with you being gone, but we survived.

    All five of us watch four sessions of conference and Hunter, Estin and I served Root Beer Floats at Priesthood Meeting.

    Before conference, our Family Home Evening was about preparing for conference. Miss Jeanette printed a handout of what we can do to prepare and we took turns reading. The one I read was about getting enough sleep so you can be awake during conference.

    Given that I would be up most of the night to smoke the tri-tip, we had shredded tri-tip sandwiches for lunch instead. Very delicious.

    After conference, the Rosa's and Speer's came over and I made strawberry crepes. Lori brought some nutella, so I added them to the stuffing of the crepe.

    And yes, we did sit around and share our thoughts about conference.

    Even though this past weekend was another totally awesome weekend and once more, like you, we were spiritually feed, I did miss some of the following:

    The cinnamon roll conteste
    The quiche contests
    Your slush
    The mango salsa
    The marshmellow brownies
    All the fruit

    I still have the list of Spring and Fall menus on my blackberry, the ones we created while eating our picnic in Pacific Grove after Stake Conference
    Let me know if you want them....

    Love

    R

    PS - I always knew that Mark would be an awesome dad. What a stud...

    ReplyDelete