Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Crazy about Canning

I just couldn't help myself.

Is it because my mom did it?

Is it because of my wonderful memories with my Logan aunts? (I'll never forget where I was when I heard the Proclamation during the General R.S. broadcast. At Aunt Janette's after canning all day.)

Is it just in me? Actually maybe I'm just crazy! There's just something about the Pop. (Aunt Michelle used to cheer everytime we heard a pop. I now do it too.)
60 pounds of grapes...



42 quarts of Grape Juice...



(Canning grape juice brought back a memory from when we lived in Logan. I dumped the seeds, skins and pits or the pulp out the side of our house in a little flower bed area. The next day we looked at the side of our neighbor's house and it was covered in purple bird poop. I guess the birds really like grape pulp.)

Now some of you may ask, "What was Joy doing while you canned?" This is why I usually can at midnight.

Playing in the sugar....


Cleaning the bathtub with a bottle of shower gel...



And wearing the same clothes as yesterday, after sleeping in them. (I did change her diaper though.) And Julianne, Yes her hair was in her face all day as I didn't put it in a hair doolie.

Now if only the kitchen cleaned itself. I'm off to watch The Biggest Loser while eating a big bowl of ice cream.

6 comments:

  1. Alright, I must defend myself a little bit...I love Joy and you no matter if her hair is in her face or not! Although, we all know how stinking cute she looks with her hair in little curly pigtails and bows!!

    Love the picture of her with her hand down the bag of shower. Yummmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. I meant with her hand down the bag of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to clarify, she wasn't eating the sugar, she was reaching in to get the measuring cup and dumping it on the counter. I don't think she recognized it as something yummy.

    Also just to let you know, I feel extreme guilt when i don't do her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts...and I love Joy! Her mischievous face is the funniest thing I've ever seen! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami, you are hilarious. I usually watch the Biggest Loser while eating dark chocolate so I'm on the same page as you. Also, I am very, very sad I don't live closer to you so you can teach me to can. Serious boo-hoo! Because I really want to learn. I better start hanging around Janette's house here in Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't believe you canned so much. i think i would've been spilling the sugar and cleaning the tub with joy-- 42 quarts of grape juice PLUS the salsa PLUS whatever else you decided to cook in a jar?!?!? holy cow sister, that's endurance.

    ReplyDelete