Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Comb Through Memory Lane

So I'm feeling a little nostalgic lately if you can't tell...


Joy's favorite aunt found these pictures from when they were babysitting back in October.

Julianne's favorite way to do Joy's hair.

When Julianne was around, Joy's hair was neatly done usually with ribbons.



I was into the side pony because it was quick and easy.



Then one day her hair was long enough for these braids.



























and we'll never forget her ponies.




But who are we kidding, most of the time she looked like this!


You gotta love that she is clutching that chapstick especially considering that this is only breakfast.

We would play hide and seek and when I opened the cupboard she would say, "Found you!"

10 comments:

  1. My heart stopped in January. I'm still waiting for it to thaw out. -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all of these pictures of Joy. It helps me to not forget her joyful personality and her ability to light up a room! We love you guys! Keep sharing your memories with us. Hopefully it will help ease the burden you carry in your hearts! WE LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the memories, Tami. Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. I just love her. Love seeing those beautiful pictures. Her big eyes, they say so much. Your little comments on each picture take me right back to those funny times with that funny girl. What a character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that you are writing this stuff down....that way you will never forget. You are keeping the memories fresh through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a character she was! so much for such a little bit of time with you...cherish the pictures and memories and try to not be too sad(easier said than done....)
    those are some GREAT pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those pics. what a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She was a beautiful little girl. She reminds me a little of Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She and Lucy would have gotten along great. She is beautiful. I can't wait to meet you. Thank you for your wonderful example.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tammy this is crazy I was reading your blog and thinking about a friend of mine from school who's daughter recently passed away and was thinking "wow I wish there was a way you two could meet." Then I click on your comments and see that she had made a comment already. Wow I have goosebumps thinking about it. You two are both amazing women and mothers enduring the same trial. I hope you can be of some comfort and strength to one another.
    Also thanks for all the pictures of Joy. I love being able to share in your memories with her.

    ReplyDelete