Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just There

We gave the kids each a disposable camera for Christmas so that they could take pictures of Disneyland.

Yep.

I am just getting around to developing them now. A lot of the pictures are pre-disneyland because (of course) the kids were so excited to use their cameras.

There are several pictures of Joy just in the background. Just hanging out, doing her thing. The adults are all playing settlers. She is wandering around keeping herself entertained.


Just there.

These pictures are from photo booth. (If you don't have an imac, it's a program that you can take pictures of yourself on the computer. It has a bunch of funny ways to twist the picture so it provides many hours of entertainment for children.)

The kids are dancing and singing to some music. She joins in. She just fit right in with all the craziness.






























Joy shakes her booty.
She copies them as they shake and shimmy.

This is a typical event in the life of Joy.

#3 is playing around on the computer.
Joy notices that #3's face is filling the computer screen.
Joy wants to join in on the action.
Joy's sweet siblings always allowed her to play around too.



Love that smile.











The craziness is still here. The kids still sing and dance to the music blasting from the computer. She's just not there.

10 comments:

  1. I love the craziness. And I love Joy's independent, free little spirit. Seeing her face in pictures makes me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Joy Joy. Your kids were always SO good to her, always included her.

    Miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the cute little moments. i have to laugh and then i cry. she was so sweet. so fun.

    it was good to bond with your kids last week. Especially getting pulled over. poor Eli wanted to know if we were all going to have to go to jail. Glad i could be the guinea pig for the police officer experience--$75 later...yuck. your kids are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to write a comment here for months but the words just always feel hollow and inadequate. Just know you are thought of and loved.

    *Hugs*
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fun family. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when you post pictures of your beautiful JOY. Thanks for sharing once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to take away the moment here but I was waiting for the credit of finding/taking those pictures.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those girls of yours can really dance and boogie. I couldn't believe how "body savvy" they were shaking it to Miley Cyrus. Fun kids. I love the picture of Joy sitting on Hope's lap. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know you but found you through a friend. I am so sorry for your loss. It seems so many people are dealing with loss lately. I love the pictures of your little girl. I love how her hair was messy and she was always getting dirty and making messes. I have 3 boys and a 1 year old girl. I have no idea about being a girl Mom, so Joy's pictures make me laugh and smile so much because I think that is how my little one will be. I love how much your other ones loved her, you can tell. I loved the essay your daughter wrote on heros too. What an awesome girl you have. I also am a member of the church. I know that it was God's plan, but I know that does not mean you guys don't ache for her and wish she was here. You are in my prayers. It hurts me to think about how hard this must be. Don't think I am crazy since I don't even know you, but I know we are sisters in the gospel. I hope that you will feel your little Joy near you very often. One of my favorite things by Joseph F. Smith was he said, "Surely those who have passed beyond can see more clearly through the veil back here to us than it is possible for us to see them from our sphere of action. I believe we move and have our being in the presence of heavenly beings. We are not separated from them. We are closely related to our co- laborers who have preceded us into the spirit world. They can see us, they are solicitous for our welfare, they love us now more than ever. For now they see the dangers that beset us; they can comprehend better than ever before, the weaknesses that are liable to mislead us into the dark and forbidden paths. They see the temptations and the evils that beset us in life, and the proneness of mortal beings yield to temptation and to wrong doing; hence their solitude for us and their love for us and their desire for our well being must be greater than that which we feel for ourselves." May you feel and know that your little Joy is with you and cheering you on from the other side. May the Lord lift you and your family up in his loving arms and calm your troubled hearts. You are amazing people, and I am cheering you on!! Jenna Lines-jennalines@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete