Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Monday, October 13, 2008

My sister and her daughter

My sister and I have been pregnant together 3 times.
The third time produced these two darlings. 2 months apart. Same school year. Destined to be best buddies just like me and her mom were all growing up. Ha Ha. When my sister got word about Joy, she left her family, jumped on an airplane and spent the week by my side. She was my personal secretary and I loved it. I know she had feelings of guilt and questioned why this happened to Joy and not her daughter or even someone else.

This last week she and her kids have been visiting. We have had so much fun.
Although I was haunted by her little girl this week, it was comforting too. When she sang high school musical and camp rock songs, I knew that Joy, also, would have known every word. When she ran down my hallway and I heard the pitter patter of little toddler legs, I realized that I missed that sound. I felt a little sad that My Sister's Daughter wouldn't even remember that she had a girl cousin her age. It was great to be near her and see how she's changed and grown since I saw her in the summer. I only wished they lived closer. Thanks for hanging out with me. We had a great time.

5 comments:

  1. So fun that your sister was able to come into town and do all those fun things with your family and you!

    I love that picture of Joy the Boy and Kaci eating their cupcakes. Love the frosting all over Joy's face. She's just so pretty, isn't she.

    And whoohoo for the pictures of the play! I was hoping to see some, since we couldn't see the real thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister has been my Savior too. I'm so glad you had a wonderful week with her. Vic and I keep saying how we want to get together again with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me out as a saint. I did what any sister would do -- help their sister through a rough time. Wish we were closer too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--you all have been busy! Looks like fun. The girls look like such good actresses! Fun.

    ReplyDelete