Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Joy

It's been nine months since we said goodbye to our Joy. As her third birthday approached, we wanted to celebrate but I didn't want to throw a princess party with her missing. It just didn't feel right. We went to the cemetery and everyone got to write Joy a message on a balloon that we would send to heaven for her to read.



Then the kids got to open a present from Joy. Here is what the note to the girls said:

I wanted you to have these necklaces. I thought it was perfect that sisters could be best friends forever. Whenever you wear these necklaces, I want you to think of me and remember that we are a family forever. We need to always make good choices and obey the commandments so we can be together again. I am near you often and I love to see my family being happy, serving others, and being kind, nice and good. I love you so much. Love Joy

To the boy, I got you this watch so you will remember that it is always time to obey Heavenly Father. I love you. Joy


It was a beautiful day. Thank you to those who sent flowers, cards and gifts. My friends showed up on Friday morning and said the gift they were giving me for Joy's birthday was a clean house. I feel so blessed. I'm grateful to all of our family and friends that worked to make the day special.

12 comments:

  1. Love that. The letters from Joy made me cry. I bet she loved receiving her pink balloons in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami,
    I knew Joy's birthday was coming up, but I wasn't sure the exact date. What a wonderful way to celebrate her life. You have such a beautiful family Tami. Please know that we love you all. Brock and Layne Andersen

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...i was thinking of you on saturday. i saw that it was joy's b-day on the family calander and said a little pray for you and the rest of the mike weaver's....you chose, i think, the most beautiful way to celebrate joy's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you on Friday. My dad's birthday was on Friday and we too let balloons go. I couldn't remember if Joy's birthday was the 24th or 25th.

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure the exact date of Joy's birthday either, but knew it was close since it is near Walker's. Happy Birthday, Joy! What a neat celebration. I love you, Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With tears streaming down my face, I am so touched by this post. What a beautiful family and what sweet children you have! Thanks for sharing that experience via blogspot with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, leave you a comment with tears streaming down my face. I think of often and you are my inspiration to try to be a better mother.

    I love you and your sweet little ones. Thanks for all the lessons you have shared with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tami- I'm sure it was a difficult milestone for you but what a beautiful way to celebrate and involve your children in such a touching way. Glad you had cooperative weather and keep her memory alive in such sweet ways. BTW, we ate at the taco shop you suggested in Monterey and it was a hit! So gooo-oood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday JOY! We miss you and think of you often! What a lucky girl you are to have such a strong and faithful mom and family! You are truly missed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great family togetherness time. Thank you for sharing. I really need to stop crying one of these days. But I can't. we love you guys. Pray for you and think of Joy. Give everyone a big hug from us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Joy! What an amazing way to celebrate. Tami, you are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing this post. I needed a good cry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading your posts always bring me tears or laughter...many tears today. What a special way to celebrate Joy's birthday and what great friends you have. Take care.

    ReplyDelete