Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Sunday, August 9, 2009

How many kids do you have?

Sometimes I'm confused.
In my heart, I have six.
On earth, I have five.
But this summer, sometimes I've had 4 or 3, or 2.
I took the kids to a movie. When the cashier asked me how many kids tickets I needed, I got confused. Let's see. 6 kids minus 1 that's in heaven plus a baby that doesn't need a ticket minus #1 at Girl's camp minus #3 who's staying with her grandma.
#2 got to stay with her cousins.
#1 had two weeks of camps.
So I'm finally back to my 5.
My heart still sometimes aches for 6.
But I'll take 5.

5 comments:

  1. such an adorable outfit on the cutest baby of the summer! so cute!

    the kids look like they are having fun? is that recent? Faith pointed out the corner to me where they sold lemonade. how fun! how was van hunting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six. I do like the six you have. Even if they're absent.

    And I really like that #6 you have. What a cutie-patootie. Well, let's be honest, I like them all. Especially #5. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest outfit ever. I wonder who has such good taste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting better with the how many kids do you have question...it's hard, though. My living kids (aged 5,4,3, and 10 months) are pretty cute about it. When someone says something about how many children we have or how busy I must be, my children always tell complete strangers that their brother Evan is missing because he died. And you know, it hasn't been as awkward as I thought it would be. Usually the person looks at me and I smile and say that they're right. Our brother died last year.

    ReplyDelete