Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Motherhood

Today my thoughts turn to:

My mother: such a love and support to not only me but also my children. How lucky we are to live close. I'm pretty sure I would still be lying on my couch if she didn't show up regularly.

My mother-in-law: whom I love very much. She shared my grief like no other could. She (and grandpa) was the last person on earth to love and hold my little Joy.

My friend: who lost her mother when she was only sixteen. Losing my mother at that tender age would have been more than I could bear.

My friend: who is raising the children of another mother. I know mom Michelle is proud of the great job she is doing helping these girls reach their full potential as daughters of God.

My heart aches for those whose desire to be a mother is greater than any other. I'm sure this day is hard and I pray for you.

There is no greater joy than being a mother.

3 comments:

  1. what sweet thoughts. happy mother's day, tami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sister: Who strives to be the best person she can be. Who survives trials that some of us could not even dream of. Who always looks to help others before herself. Who is a friend to me at anytime day or night, no questions asked.

    ReplyDelete