Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Who am I really?

I am an iphone loving, shower singing, primary chorister, soccer mom most often dressed in purple.
Aren't I?
I am a wife, daughter, sister, aunt and mother of five (so far:).
Aren't I?
I am a friend, niece, cousin and granddaughter.
Aren't I?

What is my purpose? What tasks were foreordained for me to accomplish on this earth? Am I doing them?

What was Joy's purpose? To bring our family joy? To gain a body and get back to her job on the other side?
In some ways it is a blessing to know that one of my children made it. Joseph Smith said (as my husband tearfully taught in EQ today), "that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven."

I watch my daughter bear her testimony, so much older and wiser than 11 years. What greatness is she destined for?
Am I doing enough to guide her? Will she fulfill her purpose regardless of my mistakes as a parent?

Each one of my children has a divine mission. I am sure of it. How do I help them along the journey of life?

There are so many things in this life that don't really matter (don't you dare be thinking an iphone!!!). What does matter? The relationships we have are eternal. Be kind. Be loving. Serve others. Build the kingdom.
It is my hope and prayer that we can all "make it." Knowing that Joy is waiting is a huge incentive to be as righteous as we can be so that we can be with her again.

8 comments:

  1. I Love You. -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought tears to my eyes. Very well said.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't share my geeky story but when I saw this post I couldn't help myself. I was riding my bike with the boys home from school on Friday and these young boys yelled out "Who are you guys?" I blurted out "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father." OK, I have been in YW Way TOO Long!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith's testimony was older and wiser than my forty something years. What an amazing girl. We think of Joy every Sunday when I look at the Primary roll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way your mind works...love the way your heart works and have to think it's because of the way your heart has been stretched so much lately.
    You're an amazing woman. Thanks for the example...and the reminder of who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you tami. thank you for helping me to see again the divine potential of my own children and of being reminded of just what my role as a mother is here and how imensely rewarding the difficulties can be (even if that isn't realized for a long, long time)

    ReplyDelete