Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One Year Later

Sunday, January 20, 2008: The day my life changed forever. I'll never forget that phone call.
It's hard to believe that it's been a year. I see how much my kids have grown and I can't help but wonder. What would she be like? I wonder what she's been doing. What mission is she on? What work was so important that she had to hurry back?

The kids were out of school so we had a day filled with family activities. First, we went bowling.

We cheered for each other and were the loudest in the whole place..

This was so cute. Copying his bowling technique.
I can officially claim the title as best bowler in the family.
After we went out to lunch, we went to the cemetery. We sang Joy her favorite songs and it was a beautiful, peaceful day.In the evening, My dear bother and his wife came and brought dinner. We played games and just hung out as a family. We lined the driveway and walkway with luminaries and they were beautiful.
We will never forget you Joy, our sweet daughter.

14 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh. I just can't stop bawling right now. What a pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is such a cutie. we miss her too; i thought about her and you all day yesterday, and i'm glad i got to talk to ya in the midst of your luminary-lighting. i love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tam, been thinking about you all week. I am so glad that you all had a family day together remembering and loving. The luminaries are beautiful, I am sure they brought tears to all that saw them. Joy's light shines brightly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great way to spend the day...i'm sure that joy was with you the whole day long! our thoughts are still with you---even after a year has gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew if i clicked on the post I would cry...dang, where are the Kleenex? We love you guys. Joy is beautiful. Glad you could spend the day together. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. One year...in the small ways Joy has changed my life, I can't imagine what this year has been like for your family. Lots of love your way from me. You inspire me, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping you are feeling peace and comfort this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time is flying.

    It was so good to see you again last weekend. Vic and I both commented after you left that for some reason you and Mike hold such a special place in our hearts. We were worried about you that night. We love you.

    That Joy is so precious.

    Please shower Tami with blessings that she needs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tam-I adore you! You have always been such an amazing example to me. Since I was a little girl I watched you and loved you! Still do! -TaNiel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been thinking about you so much this week, and I apologize for now just posting on your blog. I'm know this year has been extra rough, but you're such a strong woman and I admire you more than you'll ever know. My thoughts & prayers will continue to be with you, please know that. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You don't know me, but I found you through looking at Molly's blog. I am so sorry about your baby. My hear aches for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
    littlekdbug@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete