Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Thursday, January 22, 2009

We Have Not Forgotten

These words have been the cause of my tears today. I received a card in the mail from the funeral home. It's actually a very generic, plain card. But they are in the business of knowing just what to say. Four words. We have not forgotten.
I think this must be the fear of every person who has lost someone. I want people to remember her. As time goes on, it will be harder to remember the details of her life. She wasn't here long. What if I forget? I am already accustomed to this new way of living without her. My new normal.
Thank you to everyone who has remembered us. We have received many calls, emails, cards, packages, flowers, balloons.



My sweet nephews sent me this candy bar poster. I love it and I'm not sharing any candy.



My kids attacked this before I could even get a picture.

The flowers are gorgeous and we love Dora balloons.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. That was so thoughtful. I hope that it was less hard then you imagined. (My imaginations scare me.) Sending you hugs!!

    Michelle
    Gavin's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE the card those boys made for you -- the "Baby" "JOY" part -- how clever. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That candy bar poster was so great! How clever. And I love those edible arrangements. I ordered one of those once. Thinking of you..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tami and Mike - I don't think I'll ever forget Joy. She was the cutest baby ever... should have been the new Gerber baby. My heart goes out to you as you go through a tough anniversary. Sincere sympathy! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree she was a gerber baby! I always say this but I just love how spunky and fun she looked. I loved how she was always getting dirty and making messes in her pictures! My heart goes out to you and your family. My prayers are with you and I hope you will feel everyone cheering you all on. Much love- Jenna lines

    ReplyDelete