Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Houseplants


I'm sort of mad at my plants. I'm angry that they have lived for a whole year. I didn't even own a plant before January of last year. Well, except for the plant that I received as a wedding gift. To insure it's survival, my mom took it hostage one day shortly thereafter. Under her care, it has grown into a large tree. So here I am, one year later, with a house full of plants. To be fair, they too, have survived mostly because my mom waters them every time she visits. I guess I'm just annoyed that my plants live while my Joy doesn't. The picture above is one of my plants after a lack of water. This is how I feel some days. Just a little down. One of the things I love about this plant is that with a little water, it bounces right back. I'm a lot like this plant. Some days are harder than others but I bounce back.

3 comments:

  1. amen. i think that is a great annalogy---more so for you than for others perhaps. but totally relatable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you.

    And if it helps -- I've killed every house plant I've ever owned. Every single one. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are more remarkable in your bouncing-back attitudes than I can comprehend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete