Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Birthday Haiku

It's no surprise that my children are geniuses. #2 gave me this card for my birthday and informed me that it was a Haiku. I had to be reminded of what that was. (Each line has a certain number of syllables or words or something. 5-7-5. I think.)
I just thought it was a really sweet reminder that Joy is with us and we are always thinking of her.

I had a sister
Whose work was done on the earth
So she flew away

I will still love her
I will still remember her
Although she is gone

She is my laughter
She is my precious angel
She is still my Joy

I have memories
That I will always treasure
And never forget

Even though I'm sad
I know she's in a good place
Where I want to be

I try to be good
So I can see her again
And be together



#3's card said this:
I love you so much.
Joy is watching over us and thinking I love my eternal family.
She loves you very much.
I do to.
We all do.
This is a very special day. Joy is so happy to have lived with you.
I love you.

11 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for children!! They always put things into perspective for us. You are one lucky gal to have so many people who love you. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace wrote a great poem. Glad you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, geez. I love those kids. Even if they made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I am still praying for you and your family. Your Joy is so beautiful, I am sure she is so proud of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. "out of the mouth of babes." Very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears. Amazing. Happy Birthday, Joy. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gift Grace has with words. That was beautiful. What thoughtful girls you have.
    We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your kids are genius AND pure hearted.
    Thanks for sharing this....
    BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  9. so i still owe you a birthday lunch...

    ReplyDelete