Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter


This year I wanted to do something special for Easter.
I decided to turn our typical treasure hunt into service oriented activities sprinkled with a little candy. The service was for our family. I didn't really think creatively enough to expand to others. (Plus, That laundry really needed to be folded.)
So the kids planted our peas, did a secret service for someone, put away items out of place around the house, folded laundry, and looked for a few treats hidden around the house. They also had to look for hidden pinwheels that we took to the cemetery.
Standing around Joy's grave we talked about the resurrection and how grateful we are that Jesus paved the way so that we know that Joy will live again.

4 comments:

  1. what a great teaching moment for the young kiddo-s (and hey, anything is fair game when a little house work needs done and mom is pooped....add candy and it's all good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just love the pinwheels. Jeanette told me about the service scavenger hunt -- I am so doing that with my kids! If I actually ever get around to MAKING a scavenger hunt...which would require effort...which would require thinking...so...hmm.

    I taught Sharing Time on Sunday about the Resurrection. I do believe I thought of Joy approximately 95% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still love this idea and am hoping for energy enough to steal if for a family night.

    otherwise, tessie just looked over my shoulder and said, "faith! oh, i love her so much."

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so neat. Tami, why are you hiding behind everyone in the photo? jk, Mom told me about your awesome Easter activities. What great ideas,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete