Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Thursday, April 30, 2009

How am I doing?


I can hardly believe May is here. Surprisingly enough, it's gone fast. Well, some of it was slow. The aches and pains, the barfing, the heartburn and digestive issues.
I've done the hard tasks. Sorting clothes. Cleaning the carseat. Getting crib ready. Now we play the waiting game.
Today was a nostalgic day. #4 had a field trip so he was not with me all morning. I missed him keeping me company, challenging me to a game of Uno where the ultimate champion gets to boss around the other. I missed reading his books and letting him chatter on about his friends.
I did a batch of laundry where pink baby clothes were mixed in with all our others and it was a weird moment. Seeing the clothes that Joy wore and not yet holding a baby but knowing the clothes are for her. She's still a dream until I hold her. Yes. I'm in a weird place.
When I was cleaning the carseat, (which was disgustingly dirty) I thought about how I was wiping away remnants of Joy. Her spit-up. Her cracker crumbs. Her little messes. I wasn't emotional about it really, it's just all so weird.
In other news...She has a name. (Which won't be disclosed until birth.)
And I'm dilated to a 3. Big whoop. I could still go two more weeks but it's a start.

12 comments:

  1. You look so great! Great picture1! We're excited for the phone call and the name!!!!! You and mike--love to keep us in suspense...at least you know what you are having this time. You helped me remember to cherish the crumbs--all of them. Especially the ones in the car seat. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing...I wish I looked that good nine months pregnant!!!

    Best of luck and I'll be sending good vibes for an easy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there! the waiting is always the worse, right?

    and i'm pretty sure that i will look at the crumbs all over the backseat of the car just a bit differnetly this afternoon....thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Cracker crumbs (actually French fry bits) will be looked at a bit differently.

    Ooh. I'm soo excited for Baby Girlie to get here. I wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey hot mama! you can go ahead and tell me the name... I can't keep a secret, but who can?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear the name and see her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tami - you look fantastic. Really. And hey, I think dilated to a three is BIG news - better than not dilated at all. Hang in there. I'm thinking of you and I agree with Kristy - it was a good reminder for me to cherish all the moments, even the dirty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look FAB, Tami! I remembered that you were due in May but couldn't remember exactly when. Very exciting. Can't wait to hear the name and ditto on the car seat crumbs being put in perspective. Andrew's is SO disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe its May either!! My mom was asking me when you were due and it shocked me when I said a couple of weeks. I hope you are doing good and I am SO excited to see a baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're excited. May 8 is Amy's Birthday and not shared yet (besides her twin sister), so shoot for that one.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace told me what you were going to name her, it's darling, but I won't spoil!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tami, thanks for the post! I have been thinking about you and hoping things were going well! I can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete