Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Monday, May 25, 2009

The Missing


I sort of feel like I've gone backwards. I have six children but I never got to experience having six all at the same time on earth. I'm doing 5 again. Everyday I see the blazing gap between #4 and Baby. It has ripped my heart open again. I miss my Joy. I have gotten used to her not being here but having the baby and seeing the hole just makes me miss her. I can only imagine her as the big sister, wanting to hold the baby and help mommy get diapers. I can only imagine her pretending to nurse her dolls as her sisters did when she was born.
Joy, 4 days old
Isn't it amazing how a mother's heart can stretch and love so easily? It's a little scary to open your heart and love too much. But it's too late. I'm in love.
9 days old and ready to visit the cemetery

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby. I am so glad we were able to see her. We love you guys and are looking forward to July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sisters in more ways than we can know. they are both beautiful. Glory is so fresh--i can't help but wonder at the bond that she has with Joy--it's like you can see it in her eyes. and she can't communicate it with us. the veil is a wistful thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The resemblence between these babies is amazing! Thinking of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tami she is beautiful and Joy and her look so much alike! Congrats on Glory, I am so touched by the story of her name! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete