Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Monday, October 26, 2009

Celebrating with Traditions

Now that we are in our second year without Joy, the activities we do around her special days have become traditions. We started her birthday party off by going bowling. The kids love to do this and it is fun to see them talk smack about who's going to win. That honor went to daughter #2 this year. Let's just say the adults didn't have the bumpers up.
We then headed to the cemetery for our balloon launch. Everybody got to write a message to Joy on a balloon and send it to her in heaven.

We sang her favorite songs.

Then we got to decorate Dora cupcakes and sing her Happy Birthday.

It was a very beautiful day.

7 comments:

  1. Dora cupcakes. And Eli's balloon -- "You or koot".

    I think Joy's happy to see you all doing this together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami, I still remember you calling me and sharing the news of Joy's arrival. I had to chuckle because I knew you thought it was a boy. But I am so glad Joy came to this earth and reminded us all the real purpose of life. We love her and miss her and look forward to the hereafter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami, very sweet posts about your precious little girl. I think its so great that you keep celebrating her life. You are such an inspiration my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! Just two weeks ago, my Sunday school teacher taught us about how when we die, we go to paradise to help teach those in spirit prison about the gospel, and to help them accept the gospel. I told my teacher that my cousin died and I asked him why she had to die so young, and he said "Those who die young are needed to be missionaries in spirit prison because they have the power to convince people in spirit prison to accept the gospel. And I was wondering that for my birthday you could send me a package of balloons and some expo markers so that I can honor her memory also [you don't have to if you don't want to] Love ya all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful traditions we create to remember those we love! I love you, Tami!!

    ReplyDelete