Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sad News

Tami's last post was all about our upcoming exciting vacation to see Wicked and play at Disneyland. You already know that our vacation didn't end quite the way we expected.

On Sunday morning we got a call from my dad with the terrible news that Joy had died in her sleep. We found out this evening that she died from acute respiratory illness. Her lungs had an infection that constricted her airways and lowered the oxygen levels more and more. Since she was sleeping she just reached a point where she stopped breathing. There was no struggle or pain and the coroner told us that unless you were watching her bare chest all night, or had monitors hooked up, you would never even notice when she slipped away.

This was very comforting news for all of us to hear, especially to Grandma, who, despite all our assurances, still felt some blame and in the back of her mind kept asking those torturous questions: "what if I had just done this?" or "what if I hadn't done that"? The final answer is none of that made any difference. Heavenly Father was ready for her to come home and nothing could change that.

We had so many people rush to our aid and we were quickly flown up to I.F. where the family was gathered. Someday ask me about some of the little miracles that occurred to allow us to make it to I.F. so quickly. The Lord was definitely watching over us, and I think we set a record at getting through LAX.

This is all very sad and hard to deal with, and I've had my teary moments but the thing that really gets the eyes running is all the outpouring of love. Family and friends have been calling and sending cards and bringing food and coming to visit. This is even coming in from people we don't even know.

Thanks for letting me tell you all this. We know you are praying for us and sending us your love and we feel it and it's such a comfort.

We love you all.

15 comments:

  1. Tami,

    Our hearts our breaking at the loss of our sweet Joy. In nursery she was nothing but Joy to us. Many tears have been shed this week. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you hourly this week.
    Steve and Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and Tami,

    Please know how much we love you and are praying for your comfort at this difficult time. Families are forever. I know you know it is true and I am grateful. Your testimony is strengthening mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike and Tami, Cameron & I are so incredibly saddened by the news of Joy. Please know how much we are praying for you and thinking of you and your sweet family. Please let us know if we can do anything.
    We love your family and miss you in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for your family here in Bermuda. We are so thankful to KNOW that the Plan of Salvation is TRUE! We wish we could feel the beautiful spirit that will surely be at the funeral. It is amazing how much Heavenly Father shows his love to us when hard things happen. Love, Uncle Don and Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love you guys so much. our hearts and prayers are with you every minute of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in constant awe of your family and the faith and strength your children have. I know that you will make it through this hard time even more unified than you are now! Joy will forever be in our hearts! Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin Scoresby HendricksonJanuary 25, 2008 at 9:27 AM

    I'm so saddened to hear this. I wish that I had known little Joy, but I know her mother and what a great woman she is! My deepest sympathies go out to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mike & tami,

    we are so sad for the loss of your sweet joy. but your faith and testimonies shine through in your letter. many people are praying and thinking of you and your family. we love you.

    aubrey & paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. i know you're hearing it from all sides, but we also want you to know that we're thinking of you constantly, especially today and praying for peace in your hearts.
    we didn't know you had a sister here with us in denver. make sure that they know they have familial shoulders to cry on when they need it in the time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mike and Tami,
    I'm a good friend of Trenna and Jon's, I live at Aspen Grove with my family. I just wanted to say that you are very special people, and that you are not alone in what you are going through. We're thinking of you and praying for you to feel peace and comfort. We lost a son 4 years ago, he died a week after birth from some genetic complications. I know I can't say that I know how you feel because it is different for everybody. But I know that sweet little Joy has friends, and many loved ones who will watch over her until you are with her again. She is an eternal part of your family!

    Big hugs from us,
    Kim and Jim Dodds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Tami and Mike,

    I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your families. Please know that I am thinking of you and don't hesitate to contact me should you need anything.

    Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tami, I don't know you however through brooke I have come to know of your situation and I just wanted to say how very sad I am for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. -heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mike--
    I was so shocked tonight as I read this sad post. I am so very sorry for your terrible loss--what a little sweetheart.

    A friend sent your blog my way tonite (her sister was Tami's sister's college roommate). I found myself saying "no---" as I read Weaver in your blog title and then as I read about your Joy, and saw those beautiful blue eyes...I found myself hoping it was some other Weaver family. Anyone else.

    I am so very sorry for your entire family. What a heartbreaking loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers--especially this weekend. When I think back to high school you were such an influence for good in my life. I am hoping that good comes rushing your way now.

    Please know the we are sharing a piece of your sorrow here in Michigan.

    Prayers and much love-
    Michelle Williamson Lorenc

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mike and Tami
    our uncle's viewing (the cowboy chaps one) was across from Joy's. My sister and I watched and wanted to able to say something, anything to you but it would have been odd seeing as how we did not know you. We have thought so much about your family since then, and then today I followed a link on a blog that lead me to yours. quite a coincidence. We're praying for your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Mike and Tami
    rachael here. Today I finally figured out how to get onto your blog and it is beautiful! I do believe Joy got to be apart of that big party up in Heaven when President Hinckley came home! And I know there will be a big one when you get to see her again! I love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete