Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Sunday, February 24, 2008

California Adventure-Day 3

We started out early Saturday Morning so we could be the first ones into California Adventure. They let us in about a half hour before the park opened. We took pictures and rode Soarin' Over California.
When the park opened we ran back to California Screamin'. We rode this amazing roller coaster several times. We walked by these people handing out something. I walked past and said "no thanks" because I didn't want to hold anything else. The man said, "Ma'am you really want this."

It was fast passes to every ride in both parks. Yes I really wanted it!
A Bug's Life

We saw the Aladdin Show. It was fantastic. We ran into Goofy, the Old Hag from Snow White, and Goliath the lion from JoJo's circus.



I was sooooo nervous to ride Tower of Terror. I had heard that it was really scary. I am a ride wimp. I didn't want to go but I didn't want to be the only one that was too scared to go.

I loved it! It ended up being my favorite ride.
We went on Grizzly's River Run and once again I took the hit for the family and got soaked. (Luckily that smart mom made everyone put the sweatshirts in the locker so they wouldn't get wet.)
After dinner at Ariel's Grotto, we ran back over to Disneyland to use our fast passes on our favorite rides.

Here we are on Space Mountain.

We saw the fireworks. We left when the park closed and went to Downtown Disney to buy souvenirs and kettle corn.




The girls bought princess piggy banks.




My husband bought himself a tie and a sweatshirt. I had a moment of missing Joy so I bought her this. She was always carrying around a care bear or stuffed animal.

As we were going back to our hotel, I said, "We've done everything that we wanted to do and we still have two days left."

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun... Did you buy that picture or did you take the picture as it scrolled on the monitor... Very Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were lots of people just snapping a picture from the monitor, using their cell phone cameras.
    What Tami didn't tell you is we figured out where the pictures were taken on the ride, and tried to make the goofiest faces we could. Sometimes we would get off the ride and people would be gathered around our photo laughing at our expressions. -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on riding the Tower of Terror...I whimped out under the pretense of pregnancy, but I don't think I would have done it anyway. I like the great picture on Space Mountain (also one I didn't get to ride).

    Very sweet Minnie Mouse dollie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did Tami get the shaft of riding alone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you were one of the lucky families that got fast passes? WOW. that's great!

    we have that baby minnie at our house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is obiously so worth it to go without the little ones. we've got a few more years to wait until we've got more than one that would be going with brook and i...it looks like you had just so much fun.
    i HATE roller coasters! amusement parks are just not my thing...but luckily disneyland has much more to do than just the big roller coasters.

    ReplyDelete