Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Thursday, February 14, 2008

What is This Feeling?

It's amazing, this feeling of love. When your heart is sorrowful, when you feel like doing nothing but sit around.
What is love? Today, I feel it all around me.
Love is...
being heart attacked by the Young Women.

stopping to help when your neighbor is shoveling his driveway.
making heart shaped pancakes when you'd rather stay in bed all day. (that only happened because school was delayed 2 hours because of the snow.)

dropping off a craft so I could still be a cool mom with no work.
a sonic gift card.
chocolates and flowers. (Thanks honey. Walt's dark grapefruits just for me!)

A few months back I read a talk given by Bonnie Parkin. How our personal ministry should be love and service to those around us. Now I have been the beneficiary of a lot of love and service lately. My heartache and loss has been very public. I am continually touched by the outpouring of love, the thoughts and prayers of everyone. I feel the love wrapped around me like a blanket.
There are so many people out there that are privately suffering. I encourage everyone to pray for and think of someone who could use a friend or a treat or a phone call or a note. Don't wait for a tragedy. Share the love, my friends. Like the commercial that was on when I was a kid. Reach out and touch someone.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for inspiring me, Tami. I'll always remember walking in to Joy's funeral and you hugging me tight. I was trying to think of just the right thing to say to you and then you all of a sudden said something nice about ME and lifted MY spirits by an offhand compliment that surprised me. I walked away thinking "how did I leave that hug, with Tami lifting my spirits - it should have been the other way around." You continue to do it - your touching, positive blog posts, your humor, your love of life. I check your blog thinking "what can I do for Tami and Mike and family" and I shut down the browser realizing you once again buoyed up my spirits. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am but a stranger who happened upon your blog through friends. But, I so admire you and your family for your strength and your wisdom! You are absolutely amazing. And though I am not lucky enough to know you or your little JOY personally I think about you every day. Your strength as a mother and absolute love for your children is an ispiration to me each day. God bless you and I know in my heart that little Joy will forever be with you! God gave her to you and she will ALWAYS be yours! :) God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right. It is the little acts of kindness that touch and bless our lives. I was not lucky enough to get a sonic card. But who needs a card. If you ever need a sonic buddy, I am your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic reminder, tami. to not wait for tragedy but reach out and love no matter what. thanks so much for your amazing example. you rock!

    ReplyDelete