Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Pictures minus one

It was one of those days that I'm surprised I made it through. Well, sort of made it through. I could not stop crying and I was really trying to fake it. We did back-to-back reunions this year and at both of them we did family pictures.
I wanted to stop the show. "Wait. One of mine is missing."
Here are all my parents grandkids. Except for Joy.
I still see Joy in their faces. I am so glad that they can smile and laugh and continue to live. #1 is wearing her Joy necklace. It seems that I'm not the only one that was missing her this day.

The photographer grouped us into individual families and seated us first and then said, "Is this all of your children?" Um, Nope. Fresh tears. I'm totally wiping my nose. (The professional pictures turned out much better. I'm just posting random shots from my camera.)

The extended Fam. 105 people. Each generation in a different color.

Then we did it again with our other side.

I can totally see Joy with her angel wings sitting in the tree with them.

I'm so grateful for eternal families. Even though she's missing in the picture, she is in our family forever.

12 comments:

  1. Oh...we miss seeing Joy Joy in the pictures. Reminds me of the "Have Yourselves a Grumpy Little Christmas" picture. She really was probably secretly sitting in the tree with your kids in those Weaver pictures. These pictures turned out nice. You are looking really good, and Eli looks like such a little MAN in the Gardner pictures! And your girls. They are growing up so fast.

    Ryan likes Mike's shorts in the Weaver pictures. Looking good, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) about the photographer asking if these are all your kids.

    and holy moly, i thought the weaver clan was huge. your family is enormous! how was/is the weaver family reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you, Tami, for managing to keep it together and even being willing to sit through the pictures. Tough. But they are cute pictures and I think we all agree that we are picturing sweet Joy right in there, too. Your family is absolutely beautiful - I can't believe how BIG all of your kids are getting. Their smiles are contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, your family is perfect. Each child is so pretty, or handsome for your son! I am sure Joy was watching and close by. Joy is the cutest thing. I am still praying for you and your family. I hurt for you guys, but I hope that comfort and peace still come to you. Keep your chins up, you all are amazing and beautiful strong people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She IS in your family forever. I have been thinking of you a lot lately and would love to get together again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering how you held it together so well in the family pictures. I kept thinking about your family! Love the big group picture where we are all trying to get organized .... we were actually quite good at it this year. It was great to see your family at Aspen Grove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tams! Those pics are great. I love the tree shots. What a good idea to have generation colored t-sthirts. I'm wiping the tears away right now so I can finish typing. She was definitely "hanging" out with her family that day. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful family!

    I've been thinking about you. I'd love to talk to you soon.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ((sniff)) i am still so mad that gas prices had to ruin our plans to join the weaver clan this past week...i really look forward to the reunion when it comes around and we didn't go!!!!
    your pictures look great....and i'm with aunbrey: i thought that our family was pretty big...apparently not.
    i also think that the generation by color is pretty cool, we should do that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that Joy lives through all of you. I don't pretend to understand at all...but am inspired by your faith & strength.

    thanks, my friend.
    you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We don't know eachother, but I think we are kinda sort of related. Is this your side of the family or your husbands? The "mom" in the pictures is a lady I have seen visiting at my in-laws house a few years back. I can't remember if she said she was my mother in laws cousin or my father in laws. Is she a Tucker or a Prince? Just wondering and had to say something. It's such a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think i jsut remembered! Is she Cecil and Glenna's daughter?! So she'd be a Reinch? (sp?)

    ReplyDelete