Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Friday, March 14, 2008

Blame it on the Rain

So today was a struggle. I'm trying to allow the feelings to surface instead of keeping them buried. It seems to be taking its toll-physically and emotionally.

In college, one of my friends was really going through some hard things. In trying to support her and love her, I drew and colored a picture of a rainbow. I had thought of her when I'd seen this quote, "If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain". Today as I walked out my front door, I saw the most glorious site. (The picture doesn't do it justice.)

Thank you for all the love: a thin mints delivery, the most thoughtful email from a friend whose burden is surely harder to bear than mine, and a book about Joy's life. My husband's cousin, Camille, took Joy's life sketch, and made a book. It is beautiful.

8 comments:

  1. That book is awesome. Is it one of those Snapfish or imac books? What a treasure! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a great story I just read about rainbows and how they are a sign from our loved ones in heaven...a sign that they are nearby and watching over us. I'm going to find the link right now and email it to you.

    love you and can't wait to see that fabulous book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that someone delivered thin mints. When my husband brought home Girl Scout cookies from Harmons today, I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been blogstalking...I loved this post. I hate that it's true about the rainbows...but it really is. Ever since Tammy told me about Joy, you have been in my prayers...Thanks for sharing your journey. It's blessing a lot of people...for whatever that is worth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, that's so beautiful! (the rainbow and the book. and you.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I enlarged your photos of the book I couldn't help but notice what's on her cute shirt. . .a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your picture of the rainbow is stunning (though pictures never do nature justice...at least i can't do it justice) that book is just beautiful of Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanette brought the book over to our house...talk about a water-works show. Beautiful job by Camille. That picture on the cover is Ryan's favorite picture of Joy. We love it.

    ReplyDelete