Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Monday, March 10, 2008

Grocery Dire Straits

You would think with all of the newly acquired free time on my hands, I would become a shopping maniac. A few months ago, I would have given about anything to go into Costco alone. Now I dread it. (You can't go there without seeing someone you know and everyone has a beautiful 2 year old girl.)

Thanks to the compassion of many and my freezer, I haven't really had to buy a lot of groceries lately. Today I went to make lunches and we had no bread, no milk and no fruits or veggies of any kind. I guess it's time.

Well there is the occasional "I'm out of necessities like thin mint ice cream" run. Last time I set foot in a grocery store, it was to buy Eli a pack of gum and this...


Is anyone proud of me that I only bought half a dozen?

5 comments:

  1. You would be the coolest mom ever if you packed those in the girls lunches. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse me. that was just my stomach growling that you heard. mmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, i'm dissappointed in you for not buying the entire dozen. and you call yourself an emotional eater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud of you for buying a half dozen. I am always the sucker that falls for the two dozen deal at Krispy Kremes for $10. You get a little desperate when you live in the sticks!
    XOXOXO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, i'm impressed by your will power to only buy six! i'm not sure that i've got that much will power. though i must say that i am testing mine by leaving those box of thin mints in the freezer....i think i just leave them there to see how long i can resist...just you wait!(i'm sure it won't be long)

    ReplyDelete