Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Faking it

I find that most of the time I'm "faking it." Keeping in feelings and emotions. Not trying to lose it in public. (Would now be the time to mention that I hate church?!?) I was in a situation last week that reminded me of this. I kept thinking about my thumb sucker and I knew that if I left my "business mode" I would never return. I'm not sure if this is a healthy reaction but I hate falling apart in public.
I guess I need to amend a little bit. I like pretending that I'm fine but I LOVE hugs from people that know otherwise.

6 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound like you would want a lot of attention-getting hugs - but I'm sending one long-distance to you anyway. I love you Tami. I wish I had the right words but I don't. Just know I love you and think about you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tami! I love you! I don't know how you are even a functioning person. I wouldn't even dare try to imagine your hurting heart. I know it doesn't make it better, but I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sorry.

    it's okay to fall apart. even in public.

    back to the girl scout cookies, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is the only other blog I check as religiously as my own, to see if there are updates to how your daily life is going...we think about you and the rest of the Mike Weaver family all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. Sometimes I'm afraid to cry for fear I won't be able to stop. I totally understand the need to fake it....but I recognize the need to let it all hang out too.

    Come over and we can cry together.

    PS. Bring the treats. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Renae! I can't even imagine your loss. I think about you everyday. It is so hard to understand why such hard things happen to us.

    BTW -- glad you found my blog :)

    ReplyDelete