Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Festival of Trees

Today we sang at the Festival of Trees. I prepared myself emotionally. I couldn't look at the audience because my mom came to watch and I knew I'd cry if I looked at her. There were also some friends from church there. So I avoided eye contact with the audience, avoided thinking about the fact that so many people donated trees and didn't look at the big poster with a sick child in a hospital bed. It was exhausting. We sounded great I think and the people I knew said I was "glowing." So I made it through without crying.
The festival benefits Primary Children's so there are a lot of families that donate trees in memory of a child that dies there. So we walked around and cried over lost children, teenagers, mothers, fathers and grandparents. It was especially touching when I saw three trees for people's children that I knew. There were three "Twilight" trees. The only picture I took was of the University of Utah's golf team who said they were "teed off" because the U is cutting their golf program. I thought my dad would get a kick out of the tree.

I should have taken more pictures. There was a "Joy to the World" tree with no Joy ornaments on it but some large Joy things around it.
There were several Joy ornaments on various trees that I was coveting. Good thing there are volunteers standing by because I might have swiped some. There were these gorgeous purple glitter ones and unfortunately you can't ask people where they found them. Darn.

3 comments:

  1. Cool! You are one busy mama! Are you really going to post every day? I don't know how in the world you will have time! Go Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're glowing 'cause you're pregnant! and the fact that you're singing christmas songs helps just a little----glad that you made it through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the daily posties!

    Funny "teed off" tree. I love Festival of Trees. I was a volunteer there for 2 years and it is great. Some of those trees make you so emotional because you know there is a very real and touching story behind them. I'm glad you guys got to sing there, I'm sure lots of people really appreciated you guys.

    ReplyDelete