Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Singing is an act of Joy

Last night we had the privilege of attending the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. I think everybody should hear them live at least once in their lifetime. They are incredible. Music has a way of touching my soul in a way that nothing else can. One of my most spiritual moments in my whole life was leading a Stake Choir in the Hallelujah Chorus. To this day I can't sing that song without crying and remembering that special moment for me.
The guest artist, Broadway Star, Brian Stokes Mitchell, made a point that just resonated with my whole soul. He said that Christmas is a time of Joy. Then he said, "Singing is an act of Joy."
This I know to be true. I have enjoyed so much the opportunity to sing this year. I know that music is truly a heavenly form of communicating.
It is exciting to think that you can take it with you. We can all be a part of the heavenly choir. (We should all practice up by joining our ward choirs.) Truly, for me, singing is an act of Joy.

3 comments:

  1. There are many times I've choked up during performances- both as a performer and an audience member. I'm so glad you have the opportunity to share your joy through song :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy probably sings along with you as you sing in your groups and choirs, and she probably sings her heart out in choirs above. She is probably one of the best little singers there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a special thing to go to the MoTab Christmas concert. i made a point to do it when we lived in Utah--we went when I was pregnant with Collin. That was the year that Walter Cronkite was the host...it was AWESOME!
    glad that you got that experinece...music is a huge blessing to me (and i find myself choked up very often in Primary---there is just nothing to listening to kids singing about the truths of the Gospel!)

    ReplyDelete