Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Monday, December 22, 2008

Monkey Ornament

At my daughter's funeral, my bro-in-law told the story of when he and his wife were babysitting my kids. Joy was looking for me one morning and was calling, "Mom". He said, "She's not here, try Dad." He wasn't there either so they proceeded to call each of the other kids. They were downstairs sleeping so he said, "Try monkey." So she went around calling for monkey, monkey whenever she was looking for him. When we got home from our trip, we were wondering why she wandered the halls saying "monkey, monkey" in her sing-song voice.
I received this in the mail today and I love it. I've been crying all day about it.


The perfect addition to the Joy tree.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. now i am crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it got there on time and that it's been added to the Joy Tree. We love your Monkey Monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so sweet! what a great brother ryan is!

    ReplyDelete