Joy

Joy
October 2005-January 2008

Monday, December 8, 2008

Toys for Tots

One other post about doing something to remember Joy this Holiday Season.
I think one of my greatest fears is that people will forget that Joy ever existed.

I invited my nieces and nephews to let Joy participate in the cousin gift exchange by purchasing a gift that a three year old girl would love. I asked them to donate it to “Toys for Tots” or a homeless shelter in the area where they live.
There are lots of kids that might not get presents this year so we thought this would be a nice way to remember Joy and help out another child. If you want to also participate, I would love it. Send me an email and a picture or leave a comment and tell me about your experience.

Here is what each of the kids picked out. It was a fun way to remember their sister.

3 comments:

  1. did the kids do it at the gift exchange? that is a great thing to do---i think that the weaver gift exchange should include that every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! What a great, great idea. I'll let you know what I do.

    ReplyDelete